P0753 - SHIFT SOLENOID A ELECTRICAL / 1-2 SHIFT SOLENOID CIRCUIT ELECTRICAL
Description of DTC code P0753
Automatic transmissions are equipped with at least three solenoids that are designated A, B, and C.
Through the switching solenoid circuit, the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) can monitor the solenoid, and thus, it manages the movement of fluid between the various hydraulic circuits. This allows the transmission ratio to be changed at the appropriate time, resulting in improved engine performance at the lowest possible RPM.
Symptoms of fault code P0753
- The engine malfunction indicator light is on.
- It lowers fuel efficiency.
- Presence of symptoms similar to misfiring.
- The transmission slips.
- Increase the temperature of the transmission.
Causes of OBD2 P0753
The reasons why the fault code P0753 OBD2 is stored are
- Transmission fluid may be insufficient or contaminated.
- There may be blockages in the transmission filter.
- The transmission valve body could be in bad condition.
- Restrictions on hydraulic passages.
- The connector or wiring of the shift solenoid may be damaged.
- Possibly gearbox solenoid "A" is defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0753
To solve the errors related to the diagnostic code P0753 OBDII, you must do the following:
- Check the corresponding Technical Service Bulletins for your vehicle.
- Make sure that the fluid level is adequate for proper operation, also check that the condition of the fluid is as required. Change the fluid and filter if necessary.
- Check that the cables and connectors are in good condition. Repair or replace any damaged components.
- Check that the solenoid circuit has the continuity and resistance values indicated by the manufacturer in the service manual. Repair them if necessary.
- Change the "A" change solenoid.