P0751 - SHIFT SOLENOID "A" PERFORMANCE / STUCK OFF
Description of DTC code P0751
The automatic transmissions are equipped with gear solenoids that allow the transmission fluid to advance through the interior channels. This creates the necessary pressure to change speed.
Diagnostic code P0751 OBDII shows that a vehicle controller module has found the "A" shift solenoid to have performance problems or there is a blockage of the solenoid. If the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) detects that there are differences in the actual transmission ratio compared to the anticipated ratio due to engine speed, throttle position, and other factors that determine it.
Symptoms of fault code P0751
- Check Engine light illuminated.
- The transmission slides.
- An overheating of the transmission.
- Lower fuel efficiency.
- There may be symptoms of misfiring.
Causes of OBD2 P0751
The reasons to set the fault code P0751 OBD2 are
- Maybe the transmission fluid is not enough or contaminated.
- There may be blockages in the transmission filter.
- The transmission valve body may be damaged.
- Hydraulic passages may be restricted.
- System cables or connectors may be damaged.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0751
To solve the problems related to the DTC code P0751 OBDII, you must do the following:
- Check the applicable TSB (Technical Service Bulletins) for your car.
- You must check that the transmission fluid has a considerable level for a good operation. Also, check the presence of elements that may contaminate it. Replace the fluid along with the filter if necessary.
- Check all cables and connectors that relate to the solenoid circuit "A" and the transmission. Repair or replace any of these that are defective.
- Check that the circuit has continuity. The resistance values obtained must be equal to 0 ohms. Repair as necessary.
- Change the "A" change solenoid.