P0750 - SHIFT SOLENOID A MALFUNCTION
Description of DTC code P0750 Generic
Most automatic transmissions have at least 3 solenoids, which are identified by the letters A, B and C. Diagnostic code P0750 OBDII refers to a fault in solenoid A.
The shift solenoid circuit allows the Power Train Control Module (PCM) to monitor the shift solenoids to control the movement of fluid between the hydraulic circuits, and also changes the transmission ratio at the appropriate time. In this way, the level of engine performance is increased to the lowest RPM.
For the transmission to change gears correctly, bands and clutches play an important role, therefore, fluid pressure in the right place is necessary. Therefore, the solenoids of the transmission open or close the valves in the body of the valve, in order to allow the fluid of the transmission to move towards the clutches and the bands. In this way, the transmission makes the changes smoothly as the engine accelerates.
Symptoms of fault code P0750 Generic
- Illuminated light of malfunction.
- Increase fuel consumption.
- The transmission can slide.
- Reheating of the transmission.
Causes of OBD2 P0750 Generic
The reasons why the DTC code P0750 OBD II is established are:
- The transmission fluid level may be too low.
- Polluting elements in the transmission fluid.
- The transmission filter may be clogged.
- The changeover solenoid valve A may be defective.
- Solenoid A cables or connectors in poor condition.
- Solenoid A defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0750 Generic
To solve the faults that cause the fault code P0750 OBD2 you must do the following:
- As a first step you should check the Technical Service Bulletins (TSB) corresponding to the model of your vehicle.
- Make sure there is a good level of transmission fluid. Also, check the condition of it since it could be contaminated. If you find problems, change the fluid and the filter.
- Perform an inspection of all the cables together with their respective connectors. If you notice worn cables or corroded connectors, you should make the necessary repairs or change any component if necessary.
- Change the body of the transmission valve.
- Repairs or replaces the shift solenoid.