P0745 - PRESSURE CONTROL SOLENOID A MALFUNCTION
Description of DTC code P0745 Generic
Transmission pressure control solenoids are intended to control the pressure of the transmission fluid. The PCM receives an electrical signal that is based on the pressure inside the solenoids.
Automatic transmission is controlled by belts and clutches which change gears as long as there is fluid pressure at the correct place and time. For this reason, based on signals from related devices that monitor vehicle speed, the PCM controls pressure solenoids to direct fluid at the proper force to various hydraulic circuits, which change transmission ratio at the correct time.
DTC code P0745 OBD2 is configured at the moment the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) detects problems with the transmission pressure control solenoid A. The DTC code P0745 OBD2 is configured at the moment the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) detects problems with the pressure control solenoid A of the transmission. Generally, automatic transmissions incorporate 3 solenoids, which are named with the letters A, B and C. This code is due to a specific malfunction that alerts the PCM and turns on the Check Engine light.
Symptoms of fault code P0745 Generic
- MIL light on.
- Low fuel efficiency.
- Transmission overheats.
- Transmission slippage.
Causes of OBD2 P0745 Generic
The reasons for configuring the fault code P0745 OBDII are:
- The transmission fluid may be contaminated.
- The transmission filter may be dirty.
- Transmission pump may be in bad condition.
- Restrictions on hydraulic passages.
- Cables or connectors in bad condition.
- Possibly the pressure solenoid is defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0745 Generic
In order to solve the diagnostic code P0745 OBD2 take into account the following:
- Look for Technical Service Bulletins (TSB).
- Verify the transmission fluid level and status. If there are elements that show contamination you must change the liquid.
- Check the electrical connections of the solenoid. If you observe problems such as frayed cables or corroded connectors, you should make the necessary repairs.
- Replace the transmission valve body.
- Change the pressure control solenoid.