P0735 - GEAR 5 INCORRECT RATIO
Description of DTC code P0735
There is a difference between the output speed and input speed, which is known as the gear ratio. Generally, these speed sensors on both the input and output sides of the transmission are used by the ECM (Engine Control Module) to compare and determine if the transmission ratio is correct.
Symptoms of fault code P0735
- Engine Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) ON.
- The fuel economy decreases.
- Delays when shifting into 5th gear.
- Remarkable transmission slippage.
Causes of OBD2 P0735
The P0735 OBD2 fault code is stored due to these reasons:
- Contamination or low transmission fluid level.
- The transmission may be mechanically faulty.
- The main transmission control may be locked.
- Faulty solenoids.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0735
To troubleshoot the P0735 OBDII error code, try this:
- Check that the transmission fluid level and condition are right. Replace it if necessary.
- Transmission circuit wiring may be damaged. If this is the case, repair or replace.
- If the transmission control solenoid has failed, there should be a specific code stored for that failure. If so, correct the problem.
- Replace any defective solenoids.