P0733 - GEAR 3 INCORRECT RATIO
Description of DTC code P0733 Generic
The transmission ratio is the difference between the input speed and the output speed. The transmission ratio allows the vehicle to achieve high speeds while maximizing engine output power.
The ECM (Engine Control Module) or TCM (Transmission Control Module) uses the sensor input and checks the proper functioning of the transmission and its components. If the ECM states that the transmission ratio is outside the predetermined range, the Check Engine light is illuminated. The diagnostic code P0733 OBD2 is stored when shifting to or driving in third gear.
Symptoms of fault code P0733 Generic
- The engine warning light turns on.
- Loss of power.
- The transmission slides.
- Erratic changes.
Causes of OBD2 P0733 Generic
The reasons for establishing the DTC code P0733 OBDII are
- Perhaps there are transmission oil leaks.
- A low level of transmission fluid or oil contamination
- The oil pressure may be below the set range.
- The clutch of the transmission may have problems.
- The Transmission Rate Sensor (TSS) may be in poor condition.
- Problems in the TCM.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0733 Generic
To solve the problems of the error code P0733 OBD2, you can do this:
- Check the transmission fluid level. Also, take into account if it is dirty, some gears may be affected. Change the fluid if necessary.
- Make sure the shift solenoid has no electrical problems. If necessary, replace it.
- Check if the fluid passage inside the transmission is not blocked. Fix it if that is the case.
- The transmission may have mechanical problems, or even the fluid pressure may be obstructed. If so, other incorrect ratio codes and displacement problems must be present. You must fix the other codes.