P0710 - TRANS FLUID TEMP SENSOR A CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION
Description of DTC code P0710
The Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor or TFT produces a voltage signal. This signal is sent to the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) to regulate line pressure, shift points, and TCC (Torque Converter Clutch) control. Generally, the TFT is located in the transmission oil pan.
When the DTC P0710 OBDII code is set, it is because a problem has been found with the TFT Sensor voltage. When this code is set, the sensor voltage read by the Transmission Control Module (TCM) is out of the manufacturer's set parameters.
Symptoms of fault code P0710
- Check Engine light ON.
- Wrong operation of the Torque Converter Clutch (TCC).
- Delayed changes.
Causes of OBD2 P0710
The P0710 OBD2 diagnostic code is set due to the following reasons:
- The Transmission Fluid Temperature (TFT) sensor may be faulty.
- TFT Sensor cable system in poor condition.
- The transmission fluid may be contaminated or the transmission fluid level is too low.
- Transmission damage.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0710
To troubleshoot the faults caused by the P0710 OBDII error code, try this:
- Test the Transmission Fluid Temperature (TFT) sensor with a digital multimeter. If it does not send a 5-volt signal, you must replace the sensor.
- Check the cables associated with the TFT Sensor. If you find one of them is damaged, make repairs.
- Check the condition of the transmission fluid. If necessary, change it.