P0707 - TRANSMISSION RANGE SENSOR “A” CIRCUITO LOW
Description of DTC code P0707
The Transmission Range Sensor (TRS) receives a voltage signal that it sends to the vehicle's computer. This signal reroutes based on the position of the shift lever.
This is a generic type C code that does not cause an engine warning light to illuminate, although the overdrive may flash. This code should be diagnosed as soon as possible for safety reasons.
Symptoms of fault code P0707
- The engine will not start.
- Erratic shifting or engine starts in gear.
- Loss of power.
Causes of OBD2 P0707
The factors for which the P0707 OBD2 error code is set are:
- The Transmission Range Sensor (TRS) is possibly faulty.
- The related wiring may have an open or short circuit.
- There could be a misadjustment in the TRS Sensor.
- The parking/neutral position switch has failed.
- Bad electrical connection
- Defective PCM.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0707
To resolve the faults caused by the P0707 OBDII diagnostic code you should consider the following:
- Consult the Technical Service Bulletins (TSB).
- With a wiring diagram verify that there is no open or short circuit. Repair or replace any wires that have burn spots or rub against other components. Also, check for any bad fuses.
- Replace the Transmission Range Sensor.