P0672 - GLOW PLUG FAILURE, CYLINDER 2
Description of DTC code P0672
The DTC code P0672 OBDII refers to diesel engines and indicates a problem in the glow plug. This glow plug is used to raise the temperature for a few seconds while starting the engine in cold weather. Diesel relies entirely on the high level of heat to ignite and this is achieved through compression.
The glow plug is installed in the cylinder head very close to the starting point of combustion. This point can be the main chamber. When the engine management computer detects a low temperature, it activates the glow plugs to help the engine reach the temperature required for proper operation. When this code is set, it is because there is a malfunction in the glow plug circuit, the problem causes the number 2 glow plug to not heat up.
Symptoms of fault code P0672
- Check Engine lighting.
- Difficulty when starting the engine.
- Until the engine reaches a high-temperature level, there is a lack of power.
- Unstable acceleration.
Causes of OBD2 P0672
The fault code P0672 OBD2 is set because of the following reasons:
- Glow plug circuit number 2 with problems that cause a short
- Bad spark plug wiring connector.
- Glow plug number 2 defective.
- The spark plug control module may be damaged.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0672
To solve the problems caused by the diagnostic code P0672 OBDII, you must do the following:
- Connect a digital multimeter on the ohm scale and place the red wire on the spark plug terminal and the black wire on good ground. Compare it to the manufacturer's specifications, and if it is out of those specifications, you should change the spark plug.
- Measure the resistance of the glow plug wire. Connect the red multimeter wire to the relay bus bar and the black wire to the glow plug. If you get a resistance higher than the manufacturer's specification, change the spark plug wire.
- Check that all connections related to the spark plug are right.