P0660 - INTAKE MANIFOLD TUNING VALVE CONTROL CIRCUIT / OPEN BANK 1
Description of DTC code P0660
The ECM (Engine Control Module) monitors and correlates the desired intake manifold setting valve values. This valve has the purpose of contributing to the performance and driveability of the vehicle. It performs this activity by regulating the pressures between the manifold gaskets. Besides, it redirects the air to a separate set of intake channels to change the flow and increase the engine's performance.
Because this valve is primarily made of plastic, it can fail when exposed to high engine temperatures.
When the DTC code P0660 OBDII is set, it is because there is an electrical failure which has been detected by the ECM. This fault is in bank number 1.
Symptoms of fault code P0660
- The Check Engine light turns on.
- Engine performance decreases.
- Fuel economy is affected.
- Power-up problems.
- During cold starts the engine may not start.
Causes of OBD2 P0660
The reasons for setting the error code P0660 OBD2 are
- The intake manifold adjustment valve may be damaged.
- Defective valve components.
- Maybe the valve is stuck.
- Valve related cables, corroded or in bad condition.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0660
These are the steps to solve the problems caused by the fault code P0660 OBDII:
- Check for TSB (Technical Service Bulletins).
- Check the manifold adjustment valve connector. Check for broken tabs or melted plastic that do not allow a good electrical connection.
- You can operate the valve electronically with a scanner. In this way, you will be able to determine the proper functioning of the valve. If you hear clicks while adjusting the valve with the sensor when using the scanner, it is possible that there are obstructions in the valve or that the valve is stuck. Therefore, remove the valve and check it, make sure that there are no elements inside the manifold that could be obstructing it.
- Check the valve-related wires. Some of these components may be very close to engine parts and exposed to high temperatures, change if you find problems in them.