P0628 - FUEL PUMP A CONTROL CIRCUIT LOW
Description of DTC code P0628
When the DTC P0628 OBDII code is set, it is because a problem has been found in the circuit that controls the fuel pump "A". This problem indicates that there is a low voltage.
For good driving of the vehicle, the fuel pump must work properly. Without the pump, fuel could not be supplied to the engine. Basically, the control circuit turns the pump on or off according to the operator's needs.
If there is an open in the circuit, this code will be stored next to the MIL light.
Symptoms of fault code P0628
- Check Engine light ON.
- The motor may not start.
- The motor may stop suddenly.
- Lower fuel efficiency.
Causes of OBD2 P0628
Reasons for storing the P0628 OBD2 fault code:
- The fuel pump may be having problems.
- The fuel pump wires may be causing an open or short in the circuit.
- Possibly the electrical connection of the fuel pump has inconsistencies.
- The pump relay may be faulty.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0628
To troubleshoot faults caused by the P0628 OBDII error code, take into account the following suggestions:
- Check the TSBs (Technical Service Bulletins) that apply to your vehicle.
- Check the connectors and cables. Repair or replace any components found to be burned or in poor condition.
- Check continuity, resistance, and grounding of all related cables. Repair if necessary.
- Check the control circuit and check the positive and negative sides for shorts. If excessive voltage is found, replace the wires that are related to the system.
- Change the fuel pump relay.
- Replace the fuel pump.