P0627 - FUEL PUMP A CONTROL CIRCUIT / OPEN
Description of DTC code P0627
DTC code P0627 OBDII means that a problem has been found in the fuel pump control circuit. Usually, this problem is caused by defects in the wires or connectors within the circuit or the Control Area Network (CAN) bus.
The PCM (Powertrain Control Module) identifies this fault, however, there are other support modules such as the Alternative Fuel Control Module, Fuel Injection Control Module, and Turbo Control Module, which can activate this particular code.
The proper functioning of the fuel pump is essential for the vehicle because if it does not work properly there is no fuel supply for the engine. The control circuit is in charge of turning the pump on and off, and it does so as the operator requires. If there is an opening in this circuit, the Check Engine light will light up and this code will appear.
Symptoms of fault code P0627
- MIL light on.
- The engine may not start.
- Remarkable power failure.
- Decreases fuel efficiency.
- The engine can shut down once it reaches the operating temperature.
Causes of OBD2 P0627
The reasons for setting the diagnostic code P0627 OBD2 are
- The fuel pump may be defective.
- The ground circuit may be deficient due to shorted wires.
- High resistance in the circuit.
- On the control module, the ground connection may be mismatched.
- Perhaps the Control Area Network (CAN) has bad cables.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0627
To solve the failures related to the fault code P0627 OBDII, you must take into account the following:
- Find the Service Bulletins for your vehicle.
- By using a scanning tool, test the control modules to get an idea of the electrical condition of the vehicle. Also, check the wiring system and its connectors. If they are broken, make repairs or replace them if necessary.
- Check the ground circuit of the fuel pump module. Check the ground connection for corrosion or bent terminals.
- Identify the circuit using a wiring diagram. Next, find the fuel pump control wire A, if you find any damage to the wire, make repairs.