P0601 - CONTROL MODULE READ ONLY MEMORY (ROM)
Description of DTC code P0601
The diagnostic code P0601 OBD2 basically means that there is a memory checksum error of the internal control module, and is set when the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) detects a communication failure between one or more control modules, including itself. Taking into account that in any case the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) is the main controller.
The Control Area Network (CAN) usually has control modules for systems such as turbo control, transmission control, ABS brakes, proximity control, traction control and stability. It should be noted that CAN (Control Area Network) system components vary by make and model.
The CAN system (Control Area Network) is responsible for monitoring and controlling all aspects of vehicle operation through a system that allows all the microprocessors and controllers of a vehicle to send messages and signals to each other, as well as the sensors they control.
Symptoms of fault code P0601
- The driver may not notice driving problems since the engine is running correctly but the Chek Engine service light comes on.
Causes of OBD2 P0601
Problems that may lead to the setting of diagnostic code P0601 may be
- There may be an internal short in the Powertrain Control Module (PCM).
- It is possible that the cables or even the connector of the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) were disconnected while the battery was connected.
- Maybe the PCM is in bad shape.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0601
To solve the code P060, you can do the following:
- You can delete the code and see if it appears again.
- In some cases, the most common solution is to replace and reprogram the Keep in mind that most stores can replace the PCM but not all can program it.