P0573 - CRUISE CONTROL / BRAKE SWITCH A CIRCUIT HIGH
Description of DTC code P0573
The vehicle's computer works in conjunction with the cruise control module to have automatic speed control. If the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) receives an input signal showing that the vehicle cannot control its own speed, a test of the cruise control system will be started.
DTC code P0573 OBDII is stored when the PCM detects an abnormal resistance level or voltage in the cruise control brake switch circuit during that test. Basically, the error specifies that the vehicle speed cannot be controlled, so the cruise control is disabled.
Symptoms of fault code P0573
- The Check Engine light turns on.
- The cruise control is completely inoperative.
- Difficulties in acceleration.
- Possibly the brake lights do not work.
Causes of OBD2 P0573
The reasons to set the fault code P0573 OBD2 are
- The cruise control or brake switch may be defective.
- Cable system in poor condition.
- The brake switch may have an operating problem due to residue on the switch.
- Bad adjustment of the brake switch.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0573
To solve the problems caused by the error code P0573 OBDII, you must take into account the following reasons:
- Make an inquiry about the appropriate Technical Service Bulletins (TSB) for your vehicle.
- Check the brake switch. It may not be properly installed, or it may have been damaged by shock. If it is broken, it should be replaced.
- Check the related circuit. You must use a wiring diagram. Check for continuity in the wires, as well as proper resistance. If you realize that there is an open circuit or high resistance, you should make the necessary repairs. Also, check the pins in the connectors, these sometimes have moisture, which makes them difficult to operate.