P0572 - CRUISE CONTROL / BRAKE SWITCH A CIRCUIT LOW
Description of DTC code P0572
The Engine Control Module (ECM) not only monitors the operation of many sensors and switches in the vehicle but also ensures that the vehicle provides passenger comfort. Because multiple factors can alter the speed of the vehicle, some systems adjust the speed according to the environment. One such system is Cruise Control.
P0572 OBDII diagnostic code refers to a failure of the cruise control circuit or brake switch "A". In this case, it is because it has encountered a low voltage in the circuit. The "A" designation may refer to a specific connector, wire, or harness. For this reason, you should consult with the source of information to determine what this code refers to.
Symptoms of fault code P0572
- Check Engine light illumination.
- Cruise control may not function at all.
- Problems during acceleration.
- Brake lights do not work.
Causes of OBD2 P0572
The reasons why the DTC P0572 OBD2 code is set are:
- The cruise control could be faulty.
- Brake pedal cables may have been damaged.
- ECM circuit open.
- There may be items causing dirt and preventing the brake switch from operating properly.
- Poor brake switch adjustment.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0572
The steps to resolve the errors related to the P0572 OBD2 fault code are as follows:
- Check the TSBs that apply to your vehicle.
- Check the brake switch. It may not be located in the corresponding place, due to blows given by the driver's foot. If you determine that it is in poor condition, replace it.
- Using a wiring diagram to determine who receives the "A" designation in the cruise control circuit. Then perform continuity and resistance tests on all related wires. Compare the readings obtained with the specifications. If there are open circuits or high resistance, make the necessary repairs.