P0571 - CRUISE CONTROL/BRAKE SWITCH A
Description of DTC code P0571 Generic
The Engine Control Module (ECM) not only monitors the various sensors installed in the vehicle, but it also ensures the proper functioning of other components related to the comfort of the vehicle. In this case, the diagnostic code P0571 OBD2 refers to a fault in the speed control circuit/brake switch A.
The good work of the speed control system is essential so that the circuit may perform well since one of the ways to deactivate or activate the speed control is by pressing the brake pedal.
When this code is set, it indicates a failure within the speed control circuitry. This code refers to the letter “A”. This letter can refer to a cable, connector, or another component. Therefore, to find out what it specifically refers to, you should consult your vehicle’s service manual. You may also want to check the wiring diagram for the cruise control system.
Symptoms of fault code P0571 Generic
- The malfunction indicator light on the dashboard lights up.
- A speed control malfunction.
- Speed control totally inoperative.
Causes of OBD2 P0571 Generic
For fault code P0571 OBDII to be set, one or more of the following issues must have occurred:
- Defective brake pedal cables.
- Residues that prevent good brake switch performance.
- The brake switch may not be set correctly.
- A defective speed control/brake switch.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0571 Generic
When faced with DTC code P0571 OBD2, you must do the following for correction:
- Check your vehicle's Service Bulletins.
- Check the brake switch located under the dash. It is usually located on top of the brake pedal arm. You may have damaged the switch with the same foot, if that is the case, replace the speed control/brake switch.
- Check the circuit related to this error code. Refer to a wiring diagram to determine the color codes and circuit A designation of the speed control.
- By using a multimeter, check the continuity of the cables as well as the resistance in the circuit. Compares with the manufacturer's specifications, and if they are not within the established parameters, make the necessary repair or changes if there are defective components.