P0532 - A / C REFRIGERANT PRESSURE SENSOR A CIRCUIT LOW
Description of DTC code P0532
The Refrigerant Pressure Sensor (RPS) helps the HVAC (Ventilation, Heating, and Air Conditioning) system regulate the vehicle's internal temperature as needed. This sensor converts the refrigerant system pressure into an analog electrical signal. This is done via three wires.
OBDII DTC P0532 indicates that the input voltage for the RPS Sensor circuit is excessively below the established limit.
Symptoms of fault code P0532
- Check Engine light ON.
- Fan temperature may be erratic.
- The air conditioning compressor is not working properly.
- Deficient operation of the HVCA System.
Causes of OBD2 P0532
Reasons for setting the P0532 OBD2 fault code:
- The RPS (Coolant Pressure Sensor) may be leaking.
- Perhaps the RPS sensor is defective.
- Coolant pressures may be incorrect.
- Shorted cables.
- Connectors in poor condition.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0532
To troubleshoot problems related to the P0532 OBDII diagnostic code, try this:
- See Technical Service Bulletins (TSB).
- Check the coolant level. If it is low you should add it.
- Check the cooling fans. Replace if you find some damage.
- Check the condition of the electrical cables and connectors. If you find defects, make the necessary repairs.
- Replace the Coolant Pressure Sensor (RPS).