P0511 - IDLE AIR CONTROL CIRCUIT
Description of DTC code P0511
All the vehicle manufacturers set a specific RPM level so that the vehicle can run at idle speed. To make sure the RPM is within expected parameters, the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) will monitor the RPM frequently.
If problems are found, the PCM attempts to return the RPM to normal. If this fails, a P0511 OBDII DTC will be set.
Symptoms of fault code P0511
- Check Engine light ON.
- When the vehicle is idling, the RPM
- The vehicle stalls at low speeds.
Causes of OBD2 P0511
The causes of the P0511 OBD2 fault code are as follows:
- The IAC valve (Minimum Valve) could be faulty.
- The IAC valve wiring harness may be shorted or have an open.
- There may be a severe vacuum leak.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0511
To troubleshoot the P0511 OBDII diagnostic code, try this:
- If there are other codes set, fix them first.
- Check all the electrical connections for burned or chafed wires. Also, check the connectors. Replace any faulty components.
- Clean the bore throttle body.
- Change the throttle body.
- Check that there are no vacuum leaks. Therefore, check hoses, PCV valve, check valve and check that all these components are in good condition. Replace any that have inconsistencies.
- Change the IAC