P0507 - IDLE AIR CONTROL SYSTEM RPM HIGHER THAN EXPECTED
Description of DTC code P0507
Diagnostic code P0507 OBD2 is set on vehicles that have electronic throttle control. This electronic control is based on sensors and electronics to control the accelerator, unlike other vehicles that have a cable that runs from the accelerator pedal to the engine. When we see that this DTC code is established, which implies that the Power Train Control Module (PCM) has determined that the idle speed of the engine is more than the RPM (Revolution per minute), which are already predetermined
For example, in General Motors vehicles (although it occurs in other models as well), if the idle speed exceeds by more than 200 RPM than expected, the code P0507 OBDII will be established.
Symptoms of fault code P0507
- The malfunction indicator light or Check Engine lights up.
- You may notice that the idle speed is higher than normal.
Causes of OBD2 P0507
The most potential causes that lead to the establishment of the diagnostic code P0507 can be:
- There may be a vacuum leak.
- Maybe there is an air leak after the acceleration body.
- The EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) valve may have a vacuum leak.
- It is possible that the PCV valve (Positive Carter Ventilation) is damaged.
- The acceleration body may be dirty or even with defective components.
- System EVAP (System of Control of Evaporative Emissions) presents faults.
- The circuit of the IAC valve (minimum valve) or even the valve itself may be defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0507
To solve the code P0507 you can do the following:
- This diagnostic code is known as an information code, so other codes may be present. That's why it diagnoses first if there are other codes. Delete the code and see if it returns.
- If there are no other codes, check the intake air system for vacuum leaks and possible damage. Repair any inconsistencies you may encounter.
- Check the PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation Valve), as it may be blocked at some time. You can replace it.
- Verify that the IAC valve (Idle Air Control Valve) works correctly. Change if it is necessary.