P0506 - Idle Air Control System RPM Lower Than Expected
Description of DTC code P0506
The diagnostic code P0506 OBD2 usually appears on vehicles that do not have a regular throttle cable, which must be from the pedal to the engine.When this happens, the P0506 code is initiated when the PCM (Powertrain control module) notices an engine idle speed that is below the pre-programmed one.
Symptoms of fault code P0506
- The Check Engine light is on.
- Slow down at idle.
- The idle is so low that the engine may be shut down.
Causes of OBD2 P0506
A generic P0506 code may be caused by one or more of the following problems:
- There may be vacuum loss.
- There's an air blockage in the air intake duct.
- The PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation Valve) may be defective.
- The vehicle's engine may have internal problems.
- The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) may be defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0506
To solve the fault code P0506 OBD2, you must do this:
- As a first step, we recommend that you consult the TSB (Technical Service Bulletins). Also, delete the code by using a scanning tool, taking into account that this code is for information, and it can usually appear with other codes.
- Check the system for vacuum leaks. Make the necessary repairs.
- Inspect the IAC valve and check that it is in good condition. Replace it if necessary.
- Check that the throttle body (throttle body) has no obstructing elements. Perform proper maintenance.