P0473 - EXHAUST GAS PRESSURE SENSOR - HIGH INPUT
Description of DTC code P0473
The DTC code P0473 OBDII means that there is an electrical circuit problem in the received signal from Exhaust Pressure Sensor (EPS) The reason for setting this code has to do with the EPS signal, which is not adjusted to the intake manifold pressure or ambient air pressure. This is due to electrical problems.
The code P0473 and P0471 can appear at the same time. Although both codes differ because the code P0473 is just for electrical problems, while P0471 is set because of a mechanical or electrical failure. Thus, it is advisable to solve the code P0473 first. Although the solutions to this code vary according to the manufacturer, the fuel (gas or diesel), and other variants.
Symptoms of fault code P0473
- Check Engine light on.
- Remarkable power loss.
- Lowers fuel efficiency.
Causes of OBD2 P0473
The diagnostic code P0473 OBD2 is established due to the following reasons:
- The ground circuit to the Exhaust Pressure Sensor may be shorted.
- Problems in the signal circuit between the sensor and the PCM
- Internal short circuit of the Exhaust Pressure Sensor, causing it to be damaged.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0473
To solve the problems related to the error code P0473 OBDII, take into account the following reasons:
- It is always advisable to search for TSB for your vehicle first.
- Check the condition of cables, connectors, and other components of the EPS Sensor. If you realize one or more of these have burn spots or frayed wires, you should repair or replace them. It is also advisable to check the terminals, which may have corrosion. After making the necessary repairs, the code should be erased.
- If the code returns, you should test the sensor power circuit with a digital meter on the volt scale, connect the red wire to the 5-volt power circuit, and the black wire to a good ground. If the reading is higher than 5 volts, there is a short in the wire from the PCM to the sensor, repair it.
- Changes the Exhaust Pressure Sensor (EPS).