P0472 - EXHAUST PRESSURE SENSOR LOW INPUT
Description of DTC code P0472
The OBDII diagnostic code P0472 means that the input signal from the EPS (Exhaust Pressure Sensor) does not match the intake manifold pressure.
This code is caused by electrical problems. They are quite different from those related codes such as P0473 which is caused by both mechanical and electrical problems. You should troubleshoot the electrical problems first.
Symptoms of fault code P0472
- Check Engine light ON.
- The engine loses power.
- No regeneration is performed.
Causes of OBD2 P0472
The DTC P0472 OBD2 is set for the following reasons:
- The signal circuit between the EPS Sensor and the PCM may be open.
- Short to ground in Exhaust Pressure Sensor (EPS) signal circuit.
- The EPS Sensor may be faulty.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0472
To solve the faults caused by the P0472 OBDII error code, consider the following choices:
- Consult the TSB (Technical Service Bulletins) for your specific vehicle.
- Check all the electrical connections to the EPS Sensor. If you notice any wires that are frayed or rubbing against other components, make the necessary adjustments. Also, check the terminals because they may be corroded.
- Use a Digital Volt-Ohm Meter (DVOM) to test the 5-volt power circuit going to the EPS Sensor. If the result is greater than 5, there is a short.
- Check for 5 volts in the signal circuit. If not, repair the open circuit.
- If all of the above tests show no problem and the code is still set, you must change the Exhaust Pressure Sensor (EPS).