P0455 - EVAP SYSTEM LARGE LEAK DETECTED
Description of DTC code P0455
This DTC code has indicated that there is a leakage of fuel vapors, or the lack of purge flow in the Emission Control System (EVAP), implying that there is a considerable leakage of emissions. The (EVAP) Emission Control System is responsible for preventing the escape of vapors from the vehicle's fuel, because the vapors are moved through hoses to an activated carbon filter, which is enabled to store it and then expel it to the atmosphere. At the time the vehicle is running an EVAP purge control valve is the one that allows the expulsion of intake vapors, thus diverting the fuel vapors in the engine.
Symptoms of fault code P0455
- The Check Engine light is on.
- A strong smell of fuel can be perceived caused by the release of vapors from it.
Causes of OBD2 P0455
A code P0340 can have one or more of the following problems:
- The gas cap is not positioned correctly, or is not the vehicles.
- Leak in the EVAP Emissions Control System.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0455
To fix the DTC code P0455 you can check the following components:
- Remove and check the fuel cap, and if it is defective, replace it.
- Check that the System (EVAP) has no obstructions or any hose, broken tube or clamp, and mainly verify that the two PCV valves, which are one in the gas tank and the other in the canister, are not obstructed.
- Delete the DTC Code P0455 with a scanner, then circulate the vehicle for a day, and check if the code reappears.