P0454 - EVAPORATIVE EMISSION SYSTEM PRESSURE SENSOR INTERMITTENT
Description of DTC code P0454 Generic
The Evaporative Emissions Control System (EVAP) is used to allow vapors coming from the fuel tank to be purged and subsequently burned in the engine. This method does not release harmful emissions into the atmosphere.
The EVAP system includes the pressure sensor (FTP), which verifies the correct performance of the system through periodic pressure tests to check for leaks.
Symptoms of fault code P0454 Generic
- Check Engine lamp comes on.
- Strong fuel odors are perceived.
Causes of OBD2 P0454 Generic
The reasons for the P0454 OBD2 diagnostic code setting are:
- There may be wires from the Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor that could have been damaged causing a short.
- There could be blocked or disconnected hoses in the EVAP System.
- The FTP Sensor could have defects.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0454 Generic
The troubleshooting steps for DTC P0454 OBDII are as follows:
- Consult the Technical Service Bulletins.
- Inspect the fuel cap, in order to verify that it is in good condition. If not, make any necessary corrections.
- Check the electrical circuit components for damage due to burns or wear. If you find such defects, you should make the necessary repairs or changes.
- With a multimeter take readings of the signal voltage and, while making such a measurement, manipulate the sensor wiring. If the voltage tends to change, check the integrity of the wiring and connections. Repair as required.
- Verify that the ground connection and resistance level for the FTP Sensor are correct. If you get an out-of-range value, you must perform the appropriate diagnostic s t e p s for the sensor. Replace it if the resistance is not as indicated in the service manual.