P0442 - EVAP EMISSION CONTROL SMALL LEAK DETECTED
POST UPDATED IN February, 2023
Description of DTC code P0442 Generic
The engine control module (ECM) checks the evaporative emission control system (EVAP) for these situations:
- Some kind of leak.
- Excess vacuum.
- There is a flow of purges under uncommanded conditions.
- Fuel level and pressure sensors are failing.
Symptoms of fault code P0442 Generic
- The Check Engine light is on.
- There is an odor of fuel caused by the release of vapors.
Causes of OBD2 P0442 Generic
A code P0442 may have one or more of the following problems:
- The fuel cap is incorrectly positioned or it does not correspond to the vehicle.
- There may be a foreign element in the fuel filler cap.
- A leak in the fuel tank.
- The EVAP system may have some defective hose or tubing.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0442 Generic
To solve the DTC code P0442, you can check the following components:
- Check that the fuel filler cap is not loose, this is one of the most common causes that trigger this code.
- Then, delete the codes and drive the vehicle for one day, and check if the code does not reappear.
- Check the EVAP evaporative emissions system, and check for component failure.
Codes related to P0442 Generic
FixTroubleCodes.com © | 2019 - 2022 | Power by Emprento C.A