P0410 - SECONDARY AIR INJECTION SYSTEM MALFUNCTION
Description of DTC code P0410
Diagnostic code P0410 OBD2 refers to the emissions system. The air pump from the outside takes in and pumps air through 2 one-way check valves on each side of the exhaust, thus reducing emissions.
Approximately 90% of the time this fault code is established, the one-way check valves have ceased to function or are defective, allowing water naturally found in the exhaust to return to the pump.
If the weather is cold, or the temperature is very humid, the water may become more excessive. If this happens, the water partially fills the pump with air, which can freeze. When the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) commands the pump to turn on and the pump is frozen, it cannot rotate, this causes the circuit to overload and the fuse to explode.
Symptoms of fault code P0410
- Check Engine light on.
- Unstable acceleration.
- Air pump may have noises.
Causes of OBD2 P0410
The reasons why you can set the code P0410 OBD II can be:
- Perhaps the water has accumulated in the air pump or in the ventilation solenoid, and therefore the pump is frozen.
- The air pump fuse is blown due to freezing.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0410
The steps for the proper solution of DTC Code P0410 are:
- The first thing you can do is consult the service bulletins of your vehicle, as the solution may be known by the manufacturer.
- Change the air pump fuse.
- Replace the air pump inlet hose.
- Inspect and clean the air pump, and replace the air check valve. If the code comes back, you can change the air pump.