P0365 - CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR B CIRCUIT (BANK 1)
Description of DTC code P0365 Generic
When the DTC P0365 OBD2 code is set, it means that a lack of voltage was detected in the Camshaft Position Sensor (CMP) “B” of bank 1. This fault is recognized by the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) within the first few seconds of engine start-up.
The function of the CMP sensor is to measure the speed at which the camshaft rotates. Thus, it helps the PCM control fuel injection as well as engine timing. The “B” designation indicates that this sensor is located in the exhaust cylinder head.
Symptoms of fault code P0365 Generic
- Check Engine light illumination.
- Difficult or impossible to start the engine.
- Lack of engine power.
Causes of OBD2 P0365 Generic
Reasons to set the P0365 OBDII diagnostic code:
- The circuit associated with the system may be shorted or open due to a broken cable or connector.
- The Camshaft Position Sensor may be faulty.
- The Crankshaft Position Sensor may be damaged.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0365 Generic
To troubleshoot the P0365 OBD2 error code, consider this:
- Check the wires and connectors of circuit "B" belonging to the CMP Sensor. Check that none of these are damaged. They need to have the required continuity for the circuit. Repair or replace as necessary.
- Check that the Camshaft Position Sensor voltage is as required by the manufacturer. Replace it if it does not meet specifications.
- Inspect the Crankshaft Position Sensor circuit, and repair or replace if inconsistencies are detected in the circuit.
- Replace the Crankshaft Position Sensor.
Codes related to P0365