P0354 - IGNITION COIL DE PRIMARY/SECONDARY CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION
POST UPDATED IN February, 2023
Description of DTC code P0354 Generic
The ignition coils have the function of properly igniting the air/fuel mixture in the engine’s combustion chambers.
When the diagnostic code P0354 OBD2 is set, it means that the Power Train Control Module (PCM) has found electrical problems in the circuit of coil number 4. Therefore, it setS the diagnostic code.
For the correct operation of the vehicle, the ignition coils must work correctly.
Symptoms of fault code P0354 Generic
- Check Engine light on.
- Ignition problems can be constant or intermittent.
Causes of OBD2 P0354 Generic
The reasons why the DTC code P0354 OBDII can be established are the following:
- The ignition system controller circuit may be shorted to voltage or ground.
- The ignition system controller circuit wires are in bad condition.
- Possible loose connection on the coil.
- Defective ignition coil.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0354 Generic
When faced with the fault code P0354 OBD2, you must do the following:
- Check the wires from coil number 4 to the PCM. If you find characteristics such as wear or corrosion on the connectors, you should make repairs and, if necessary, replace them.
- Using a voltmeter on the Hertz scale, check whether 5 to 20 Hertz is present at the coil cable connector. If the result of this reading is within this range, change the ignition coil.
- Inspect the coil controller circuit and check for CC. If there is a voltage out of the norm, it is due to a short circuit. You must locate the short and repair it.
Codes related to P0354 Generic
FixTroubleCodes.com © | 2019 - 2022 | Power by Emprento C.A