P0354 - IGNITION COIL DE PRIMARY/SECONDARY CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION
Description of DTC code P0354
The ignition coils have the function of properly igniting the air/fuel mixture in the engine's combustion chambers.
For the correct operation of the vehicle, the ignition coils must work correctly.
Symptoms of fault code P0354
- Check Engine light on.
- Ignition problems can be constant or intermittent.
Causes of OBD2 P0354
The reasons why the DTC code P0354 OBDII can be established are the following:
- The ignition system controller circuit may be shorted to voltage or ground.
- The ignition system controller circuit wires are in bad condition.
- Possible loose connection on the coil.
- Defective ignition coil.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0354
When faced with the fault code P0354 OBD2, you must do the following:
- Check the wires from coil number 4 to the PCM. If you find characteristics such as wear or corrosion on the connectors, you should make repairs and, if necessary, replace them.
- Using a voltmeter on the Hertz scale, check whether 5 to 20 Hertz is present at the coil cable connector. If the result of this reading is within this range, change the ignition coil.
- Inspect the coil controller circuit and check for CC. If there is a voltage out of the norm, it is due to a short circuit. You must locate the short and repair it.