P0346 - CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR "A" CIRCUIT RANGE / PERFORMANCE BANK 2
Description of DTC code P0346
Distributorless ignition vehicles are equipped with a CMP Sensor (Camshaft Position Sensor) and CKP Sensor (Crankshaft Position Sensor), as a replacement for the module and other internal components of an electronic distributor. The CMP Sensor indicates the camshaft position and the CKP sensor detects the location of the pistons concerning the dead center. These sensors send a signal to the vehicle's computer, which, based on this data, adjusts fuel injection, spark plug firing, and intake valve opening in terms of fuel injection to the cylinders.
Symptoms of fault code P0346
- Check Engine lamp illuminated.
- Noticeable lack of power to the engine.
- The engine will not start.
- Engine stalling.
Causes of OBD2 P0346
The causes of setting the P0346 OBDII diagnostic code are:
- The battery charge level may not be sufficient.
- The CMP sensor circuit may have damage to the wires or its connector.
- The Camshaft Position Sensor may be faulty.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0346
To troubleshoot the DTC P0346 OBD2 code you should consider the following:
- Consult the TSB (Technical Service Bulletins).
- Check that the battery is in good condition and that the battery charge level is adequate for a good performance of the system. Make any necessary adjustments.
- Check the Camshaft Position Sensor circuit wiring for wear or burns. Also, make sure the sensor connector is free of high levels of corrosion. Repair it as needed.
- Check the CMP Sensor for damage. Check the sensor reluctor ring for wear. Replace it as needed.