P0345 - CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR CIRCUIT
Description of DTC code P0345
When the P0345 OBDII trouble code is stored, it means that a problem was found in the Camshaft Position Sensor (CMP) circuit on bank number 2. The problem is in the circuit, it could be the sensor, the wiring, or even the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) that is causing the fault.
Taking into account the above mentioned, it is not enough just to change the CMP Sensor to solve this code. You must make a complete diagnosis.
Symptoms of fault code P0345
- The Check Engine light may illuminate.
- The motor has difficulty starting or may not start at all.
- A loss of engine power.
- Deficiencies during idling.
- Hesitation in acceleration.
Causes of OBD2 P0345
Reasons for setting DTC P0345 OBD2:
- The circuit may have a bad wire causing a short to ground or an open.
- Perhaps, the Camshaft Position Sensor is defective.
- The Crankshaft Position Sensor (CKP) may be damaged.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0345
If the code P0345 OBDII diagnostic code is set, take into account these suggestions to solve it:
- Check the circuitry associated with the system. This includes wires and connectors. Check for engine or transmission oil residue. Besides, if any of the wiring is found to be damaged, make some adjustments, leading to the replacement of the component if necessary.
- Check the continuity, voltage, and ground of the circuit wires. Make repairs if one of these values is out of range.
- Replace the CMP Sensor.
- Change the CKP Sensor.