P0332 - SENSOR KNOCK 2 CIRCUIT LOW (BANK 1)
Description of DTC code P0332 Generic
The KS sensors(Knock Sensor) inform the ECM (Engine Control module) when one or more of the engine cylinders are knocking, i.e. when the air/fuel mixture explodes, it does not provide the necessary energy which causes problems for the engine if this happens for a long time.
Symptoms of fault code P0332 Generic
- The service light turns on the Check Engine panel.
- It may have a loss or a lack of power.
- Problems with RPM fluctuation.
Causes of OBD2 P0332 Generic
A P0332 code can be caused by one or more of the following problems:
- A Detonation Sensor (KS) cable or connector may be defective, causing a short circuit.
- There may be a bad electrical connection in the KS (Knock Sensor) circuit.
- The Engine Control Module (ECM) may be defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0332 Generic
To solve OBD2 code P0332, you can check the following components:
- Check the resistance of the Knock Sensor (KS) against your vehicle's factory specifications.
- Check that the cables or their respective connectors from the KS (Knock Sensor) to the Engine Control Module (ECM) are correct and do not show wear or poor electrical connection. Repair or replace them if necessary.
- The voltage of the Detonation Sensor (KS) should be 5 Volts, check that this sensor has such voltage.
- Check that the KS (Knock Sensor) is properly grounded. Repair it if necessary.
- Change the Detonation Sensor (KS).