P0322 - IGNITION/DISTRIBUTOR ENGINE SPEED INPUT CIRCUIT LOW
Description of DTC code P0322 Generic
On the other hand, the Camshaft Position Sensor (CMP) indicates to the PCM the position in which the camshaft is located.
If in one of these two circuits the voltage drops below the level set by the manufacturer, the diagnostic code P0322 OBDII is stored.
Symptoms of fault code P0322 Generic
- Illumination of MIL light.
- There are misfires.
- The engine can start, but not start.
- Greater fuel consumption.
- Unstable acceleration.
Causes of OBD2 P0322 Generic
The establishment of the DTC code P0322 OBD II is due to:
- Cables or connectors leading to the Camshaft Position Sensor (CMP) may have defects.
- The CMP sensor could be in bad condition.
- Crankshaft Position Sensor (CKP) cables or connectors may be in poor condition.
- A defective CKP sensor.
- The distributor may be in poor condition.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0322 Generic
To solve the problems of the fault code P0322 OBD2 do the following:
- Using a scanning tool, check that the components related to the ignition / distribution motor speed input circuit receive the voltage indicated in the manufacturer's specifications. Check if one of these components receives the correct voltage.
- Inspect the cables related to the ECM. If there are defects in these, such as wear or corrosion, you should repair it or change it.
- Make sure that the Camshaft Position Sensor and Crankshaft Position Sensor cables are in good condition. If there are defective cables or connectors, proceed to perform repairs. Change it if necessary.