P0313 - MISFIRE DETECTED WITH LOW FUEL
Description of DTC code P0313
The DTC code P0313 OBDII states that an engine misfire has been found under low fuel consumption conditions. It is set when the vehicle computer, through sensor signals, determines that the engine failure is due to a poor condition, i.e. too much air and also little fuel.
The solution of this code depends largely on whether other codes are present. For example, if you know that the fuel level is not low, but along with code P0313 there are other codes present related to low fuel pressure, the failure involves the fuel system. For this reason, the causes of P0313 may be more than just low fuel.
Symptoms of fault code P0313
- Check Engine light on.
- The operation of the motor is abrupt.
- The engine may not start.
- Problems during acceleration.
- Power loss.
Causes of OBD2 P0313
The reasons for storing the diagnostic code P0313 OBD2 are
- A low level of fuel.
- The fuel pump may be malfunctioning.
- Obstructions in the fuel pump.
- The fuel pressure regulator may be in bad condition.
- Clogged or defective fuel injectors
- Shorted fuel pump cable system.
- Poor electrical connections.
- Components such as spark plugs and cables with defects
- Damaged glow ring.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0313
To solve the failures of the error code P0313 OBDII, take into account the following tips:
- See all Technical Service Bulletins (TSB) that relate to this code.
- By using a scanner, take note of all codes. If there are other codes set, solve them first.
- Make sure the fuel level is more than half a tank.
- Change the fuel filter.
- Check the voltage of the fuel pump.
- Check for vacuum leaks into the intake manifold.
- Inspect the fuel pressure regulator vacuum hose. If you find fuel in the hose, it is due to diaphragm failure.