P0302 - CYLINDER #2 MISFIRE
Description of DTC code P0302
This DTC code P0302 is generic propulsion; therefore, it is applied to vehicles equipped with OBD-II. Basically, this diagnostic code implies that the computer ECM (Engine Control module) of the vehicle has detected that one of the cylinders of the engine is not performing its work correctly. In this case it indicates that it is cylinder number 2.
Symptoms of fault code P0302
- When starting the engine, you may have difficulty or you may trip.
- Instability in the Motor.
Causes of OBD2 P0302
A code P0302 can have one or more of the following problems:
- Some spark plug or cable is defective.
- Coil with problems.
- One or both oxygen sensors may be in poor condition.
- The fuel injector may be failing.
- The exhaust valve is burned.
- The catalytic converter is defective.
- Empty fuel tank.
- Poor compression.
- The PCM (Power Control Module) may be damaged.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0302
To fix the DTC code P0302 you can check the following components:
- Check all the cables and their connectors that lead to the cylinders.
- We know that ignition components such as spark plugs, cables, the cover of the distributed, among others, have a life time that is why it is recommended to change them depending on the time they already have.
- Check the coil.
- Examine the fuel injectors and perform vacuum cleaning.
- Check the Mass Air Flow Sensor.
- Check the EGR valve (Exhaust Gas Recirculation), as it can open or short.