P0300 - MULTIPLE IGNITION FAILURE IN ONE OR SEVERAL CYLINDERS
Description of DTC code P0300
Basically, the diagnostic code P0300 indicates us the ECM (Engine Control module) has detected that one or more cylinders are not fulfilling their function at the time of combustion.
This DTC defines us that the ignition failure is random or multiple, in addition the last digit of this code corresponds to the cylinder that is failing, in this case it is 0, it means that it is not known, specifically which cylinder is the one that is not working correctly or why?
Symptoms of fault code P0300
- When starting, the engine may present difficulty or stumble at the time of turning on.
Causes of OBD2 P0300
A P0300 code can have one or more of the following problems:
- Some spark plug is bad.
- Fuel injector with obstruction or damaged.
- There may be a short circuit or the nozzle harness is open.
- Little electrical efficiency in the fuel injector’s circuit.
- There is an intake air leak.
- The compression in the cylinders is insufficient.
- Incorrect fuel pressure.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0300
To fix the DTC P0300 code you can check the following components:
- Check the Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor
- Check all cables and connectors (including spark plugs).
- Performance the respective maintenance that the ignition components must have, taking into account that over time, these need to be replaced. For example: Spark plugs and their wires, distributor cap and rotor.
- Check the coil.
- In some cases the TWC (catalytic converter) produces this fault.
- Since this code does not specify which cylinder the one is giving the fault, it is advisable to have a factory service manual and an advanced exploration tool.
- Check the EGR valve (exhaust gas recirculation), since it could be stuck.