P0266 - CYLINDER 2 CONTRIBUTION/BALANCE
Description of DTC code P0266
The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) controls the power output of each cylinder. This process is achieved when comparing the increase in crankshaft speed that takes place during the power load of the cylinders.
The P0266 OBDII diagnostic code is set when the PCM detects that the cylinder 2 fuel injector reference voltage is out of the acceptance range set by the manufacturer.
Symptoms of fault code P0266
- Check Engine light ON.
- The engine power is reduced.
- Reduction in fuel efficiency.
Causes of OBD2 P0266
Reasons for storing the P0266 OBD2 DTC:
- Perhaps the wiring or connectors associated with the Cylinder 2 fuel injector circuit are damaged.
- There may be elements clogging the injector of cylinder 2.
- The fuel injector may be defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0266
To resolve faults related to the P0266 OBDII fault code, follow these suggestions:
- Check the electrical connector on the fuel injector. Look at the harness and its connectors as they may be corroded. Correct any defects you find.
- With a voltmeter, test the injector power cable. It should show battery voltage. If not, it is due to an open circuit between the injector and the fuel pump relay. If such voltage is present, clean the injector.
- Change the fuel injector on cylinder 2.