P0261 - INJECTOR 1 CIRCUIT LOW
Description of DTC code P0261
The fuel injector delivers the air/fuel mixture in specific amounts. All the cylinders can be supplied by a single injector or each cylinder can have one injector.
Commonly, injectors are of the pulsed type, those whose bursts coincide with the stroke of the piston. To control the timing, an electromagnet is activated which in turn controls the action inside the injector body to open and close the outlet.
When the P0261 OBDII fault code is set, it is because the vehicle's computer has discovered that the air/fuel mixture in cylinder number 1 is out of spray pattern.
Symptoms of fault code P0261
- Check Engine light ON.
- Rough operation of the motor.
- Lack of engine power.
- Drop in fuel efficiency.
Causes of OBD2 P0261
Reasons for setting the P0261 OBD2 DTC code:
- The injector supplying fuel to cylinder number 1 may be clogged.
- The fuel injector 1 may be broken.
- The injector harness may be open or shorted.
- Corroded fuel injector connector.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0261
To fix the defects that the P0261 OBDII error code shows, try this:
- Check the fuel injector connector. If it comes out easily, it should be tightened. Check the connector for corrosion. Make the appropriate corrections.
- Start the engine and check that the injector works. If it does not work, check the power supply to the injector using a voltmeter. If there is no power, it is because the wiring between the pump relay and the injector has problems.
- Verify that the injector does not have elements that cause obstructions. Clean it, and if the cleaning does not solve the problem, you will have to change the injector.