P025A - FUEL PUMP MODULE CONTROL CIRCUIT/OPEN
Description of DTC code P025A
Modern vehicle fuel systems require high fuel pressures. The ECM (Engine Control Module) meets the needs of the fuel system through the Fuel Pump Module, which is responsible for regulating the fuel system pressures. The pump, on the other hand, has the function of delivering fuel to the engine.
When the DTC P025A OBDII code is stored, it means that the ECM detected that the Fuel Pump Module control circuit is performing poorly due to an open circuit.
Symptoms of fault code P025A
- Check Engine lamp illuminates.
- Difficult or impossible to start the engine.
- Increased fuel consumption.
- The fuel level indicated is incorrect.
- Engine efficiency decreased.
Causes of OBD2 P025A
The P025A OBD2 diagnostic code is set due to the following:
- Fuel Pump Module control circuit wires or connections could have been damaged.
- The Fuel Pump may be in poor condition.
- The Fuel Pump Module may be faulty.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P025A
To troubleshoot the P025A OBDII fault code consider the following:
- As a first step consult the TSB.
- Check all the wires of the control circuit of the Fuel Pump Module, in order to verify its good condition. If any damage caused by wear or burns is found on these components, make the appropriate repairs.
- Inspects the Fuel Pump Module control circuit connections and verifies that there is no damage causing an open circuit. Corrects it as required.
- Verify the integrity of the Fuel Pump by following the manufacturer's recommendations. If you determine that the operation of the fuel pump is deficient, make the necessary corrections.