P0245 - TURBOCHARGER / SUPERCHARGER WASTEGATE SOLENOID "A" LOW
Description of DTC code P0245
The PCM provides a power supply or ground to energize the solenoid to determine the voltage. The letter "A" is used to refer to a particular solenoid (in case multiple solenoids are used in sequence). Since there is no set rule for solenoid positioning, you should check the manufacturer's specifications for specific solenoid locations.
Symptoms of fault code P0245
- Check Engine light illuminates.
- Low engine power.
- Lack of engine power during acceleration.
Causes of OBD2 P0245
Generally, the causes of the DTC P0245 OBD2 code are as follows:
- The wiring may be damaged or shorted.
- The solenoid electrical connectors may be corroded or disconnected.
- The solenoid may be defective.
- Possibly PCM has failed (very unlikely).
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0245
To troubleshoot the P0245 OBDII fault code consider the following:
- Verify the Technical Service Bulletins (TSB).
- Locate the pressure control solenoid "A" and visually inspect the wiring and respective connectors. Performs appropriate repairs.
- Separates connectors and carefully inspects connector terminals for burn spots or high levels of corrosion. Repairs or replaces components as necessary.
- Using a digital voltmeter (DVOM), check the solenoid power circuit for 12V. Note that the red wire goes to the solenoid power supply circuit, and the black wire to a good ground. Make any necessary repairs.
- Check that the resistance levels of the solenoid are within the levels indicated by the manufacturer. Replace the solenoid if it does not meet these requirements.