P0244 - TURBOCHARGER WASTEGATE SOLENOID A CIRCUIT RANGE / PERFORMANCE
Description of DTC code P0244
The PCM (Powertrain Control Module) manages the supercharging pressure of the engine. It does this through the outflow circuit to the "A" discharge pressure control solenoid.
Symptoms of fault code P0244
- MIL light illumination.
- The engine may lock up at idle.
- Loss of engine power.
Causes of OBD2 P0244
The P0244 OBD2 diagnostic code is set when one or more of the following occurs:
- The ground circuit between the discharge pressure control solenoid to the Powertrain Control Module could be short-circuited.
- Perhaps the circuit supplying power between the discharge pressure solenoid A and the PCM is shorted.
- Unloading pressure solenoid “A” could be faulty.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0244
The steps you should follow to troubleshoot the problems corresponding to the P0244 OBDII fault code are:
- Check for Technical Service Bulletins.
- You should inspect all connectors as well as the solenoid wiring. Look for wear or friction on the connectors. Also, verify the terminals of the connectors for corrosion. If you find problems you should repair or replace them.
- Measure the resistance level of the A discharge pressure solenoid. Replace the solenoid if it does not match the technical data given in the manufacturer's service manual.