P0216 - FUEL INJECTION TIMING CONTROL CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION
Description of DTC code P0216
DTC code P0216 OBD2 is configured due to a time failure in the diesel fuel injection pump. This failure may be caused by the need for adjustment of the pump timing or internally the pump may be defective, which prevents such adjustment.
Symptoms of fault code P0216
- Check Engine light
- The engine may not start.
- Engine idling.
- The engine may not exceed a certain speed.
- Hesitancy during acceleration.
Causes of OBD2 P0216
The reasons why the fault code P0216 OBDII is stored are:
- The diesel fuel filter may be clogged.
- There may be elements blocking the tank.
- Possibly there may be air in the fuel due to cracks in the tank.
- The transfer pump may be defective.
- Injection pump may be out of time.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0216
In order to give the respective solution to the problems caused by the diagnostic code P0216 OBD2 you must do the following:
- Check if the fuel injection pump time can be adjusted. If so, check the time and adjust it if necessary.
- Check if there is a correct fuel supply. To do this, disconnect the fuel hose from the injection pump, then pump the fuel into a container. Check if the fuel output is constant. If there are problems, check the fuel lines. Repair if necessary.
- Change the filter if fuel pressure fails.
- Replace the fuel transfer pump.