P0206 - INJECTOR CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION - CYLINDER 6
Description of DTC code P0206
The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) often checks the injector. The PCM needs to see a voltage near 0 when the injector is on. When the injector is off, the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) expects the injector voltage to be high or close to battery voltage. Likewise, the resistance is frequently monitored by the PCM. In the event the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) does not observe the expected fuel injector voltage, or the resistance is low or excessively high, the P0206 OBD2 fault code will be set.
Symptoms of fault code P0206
- Check Engine light ON.
- Power failure.
- Acceleration is poor.
Causes of OBD2 P0206
The P0206 OBD2 code may be set due to the following reasons:
- The injector cables may be faulty.
- The injector circuit may be shorted.
- The injector is probably defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0206
Steps to solve the P0206 code:
- Use a digital meter and check the resistance of the injector. In case it is not within specifications, replace it.
- Measure voltage at the injector connector. Voltage should be within 10 volts or more. If not, check that the connector is in good condition or the wires are not frayed.
- You can inspect the fuel injector and check for visible damage. You could use an injector tester, activate it, and make sure the injector is working.
- If the injector works, the problem may be in one of the wires. Check the condition of the wires and repair if you find inconsistency in one of them. If the injector is not working properly, replace it.