P0205 - CYLINDER 5 INJECTOR CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION
Description of DTC code P0205
The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) constantly monitors the injector. When this is activated, the PCM expects to see an approximate voltage of zero or low, and when the injector is deactivated the voltage the PCM expects should be high or close to the battery voltage. In case the PCM does not see the expected voltage, diagnostic code P0205 is set. Equally, this DTC code can be established if there is a problem in the resistance of the injector circuit, if this is high or low in excess is established.
Symptoms of fault code P0205
- Check Engine light on.
- There may be a failure to start the engine. Even after starting, it can be switched off.
- Acceleration is poor.
- The engine loses power.
Causes of OBD2 P0205
The reasons why code P0205 can be set can be:
- In the system of cables related to the fuel injector, there may be an electrical fault causing a short circuit.
- Injector number 5 may be defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0205
The steps for diagnosis and solution of code P0205 OBDII are:
- It uses a DVOM (Digital Volt-Ohmmeter) and checks the resistance of the injector. In case it is not within specifications, you must replace the injector.
- Perform a voltage test on the injector connector, it should be at least 10 volts.
- Check the injector connector, make sure it is in good condition. Also, make sure that the cables are not broken or worn, but if necessary replace any of these components.
- Inspect the fuel injector for damage.
- If you have access to an injector tester, activate the injector, if it works, the problem is in the wiring.
- Change the fuel injector.