P0202 - INJECTOR CIRCUIT MALFUNTION CYLINDER 2
POST UPDATED IN June, 2021
Description of DTC code P0202 Generic
The basic diagnostic code P0202 OBD II indicates that the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) has detected a fault in injector number 2 or even in one of its cables or connectors.
The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) inspects the injector and when the injector is activated the PCM observes the voltage, which must be low, i.e. close to zero.
When the injector is turned off, the PCM expects to see a voltage approaching the battery voltage, i.e. high.
If the expected voltage is not met, the PCM sets the DTC code P0202. Similarly, this code is due to the circuit resistance being too low or too high.
Symptoms of fault code P0202 Generic
- Turn on the service light on the Check Engine
- There may be a power failure.
- The engine may lose power.
- Engine acceleration is low.
Causes of OBD2 P0202 Generic
A P0202 code may be caused by one of these problems:
- It may be that a cable or its respective injector connector is shorted.
- Perhaps there is a bad electrical connection in the fuel injector circuit.
- An injector could be defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0202 Generic
To fix DTC code P0202 OBDII you can review the following components:
- Check with a digital multimeter that the injector resistance is within the necessary parameters. If this is not the case, you can change the injector.
- Check the injector connector voltage, this must be 10 volts or more.
- Visually make sure that the connector is not sulphated. Repair it or replace it if necessary.
Codes related to P0202 Generic
FixTroubleCodes.com © | 2021 | Power by Emprento C.A