P0201 - CYLINDER 1 INJECTOR CIRTUIT MALFUNTION
Description of DTC code P0201 Generic
The injector is monitored by the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) and when activated, the voltage should be low or close to 0. Conversely, when the injector is turned off, the voltage the PCM expects to see should be a high voltage or close to the battery voltage. Likewise, the resistance of the circuit is monitored by the PCM. If the expected voltage is not observed in the conditions already mentioned both in the injector voltage and in its resistance, the DTC P0201 OBD2 is established.
Symptoms of fault code P0201 Generic
- The Check Engine light is on.
- Failure to start the vehicle.
- Vehicle acceleration is not working properly.
- Lack of power.
Causes of OBD2 P0201 Generic
The problems that can lead to the establishment of the code P0201 can be the following:
- Perhaps one of the cables leading to the injector is in bad condition and therefore causes a short circuit.
- There may be a bad electrical connection in the injector circuit.
- The injector may be defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0201 Generic
If DTC P0201 has been set you can do the following for your solution:
- Using a digital multimeter you can verify the resistance of the injector and compare it with the factory specifications. If they are not within the expected range, you can change the injector.
- The voltage in the connector should be at least 10 volts in forward, otherwise you can check the connector to see if you have visible damage, or that any of its cables is not defective. If you find problems in one of these components you can repair it.
- Before replacing the injector, you can exchange one injector for another and see if the code changes.
- Replace the injector.