P0192 - FUEL RAIL PRESSURE SENSOR "A" CIRCUIT LOW
Description of DTC code P0192 Generic
The Engine Control Module (ECM) monitors the fuel pressure because it is very important to modulate the injector pulse width. When there is higher fuel pressure, less pulse width is required to obtain the same level of fuel. Besides, fuel pressure monitoring prevents damage to the injection system components.
When the DTC P0192 OBDII code is stored, it is due to the Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor (FRP) input signal is below the programmed limit for some time. The reasons may be electrical or mechanical failures.
Symptoms of fault code P0192 Generic
- The Check Engine light turns on.
- The engine does not start.
- The motor loses power.
- Fuel efficiency is reduced.
Causes of OBD2 P0192 Generic
Reasons why the P0192 OBD2 error code is set:
- The Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor signal may be shorted.
- The FRP sensor is possibly defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0192 Generic
When the P0192 OBDII diagnostic code is set, you must do this to correct it:
- Check Technical Service Bulletins.
- Inspect the system cables and connectors. If you detect corrosion, wear, or other damage to these components, make repairs.
- Make sure the vacuum hose connecting the intake manifold to the FRP sensor is not leaking.
- If fuel is coming out of the hose, the sensor may be defective.
- Using a scan tool, check the volts on the Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor. It should show 5 volts or close to that value. If it does not, you should replace the FRP Sensor.