P0154 - O2 SENSOR CIRCUIT NO ACTIVITY DETECTED BANK 2 SENSOR 1
Description of DTC code P0154
The front Oxygen Sensor (O2 1) is located in the exhaust manifold, which aims to detect the amount of oxygen in the exhaust gas compared to the outside air. This sensor consists of a zirconia ceramic tube, which is closed at one end. The material (zirconium) allows the voltage to be approximately 1V under rich conditions, and under poor conditions of 0V.
The front Oxygen Sensor (O2 1) sends a signal to the ECM (Engine Control module), which it uses to adjust the duration of the injection pulse and thus makes the air-fuel ratio ideal. This ideal ratio regularly occurs near the radical change from 1V to 0V.
Symptoms of fault code P0154
- Check Engine light's on.
- There is high fuel consumption.
- Excessive exhaust smoke.
- Ignition failure.
Causes of OBD2 P0154
A code P0154 may have one or more of the following problems:
- The front Oxygen Sensor may be defective.
- There are holes in the exhaust near the Oxygen Sensor.
- There is a short circuit to voltage or ground in the Oxygen Sensor
- The cable system may have some friction with the exhaust components.
- There may be water or oil in the O2 sensor
- One or more of the sensor connector terminals may be broken.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0154
To fix the fault code P0154 OBD2 you can check the following components:
- Inspect the O2 sensor cables and verify that none of them are defective. Replace if necessary.
- Using an automotive scanner, observe the sensor voltage reading, if it does not move, increase the idle speed by 30 seconds, in case the sensor starts switching.