P0148 - FUEL DELIVERY ERROR
Description of DTC code P0148
The diesel fuel supply pump has a high pressure, which is necessary for the direct injection system. The PCM electronically controls the FCA (Fuel Control Actuator), which regulates the fuel pressure in the high-pressure chambers of the engine. Besides, there is a sensor that allows the PCM to monitor fuel pressure during the engine operation.
Symptoms of fault code P0148
- MIL light ON.
- Fuel efficiency decreases.
- Low engine performance.
- A strong odor of diesel fuel.
Causes of OBD2 P0148
Diagnostic code P0148 OBD2 is set due to the following:
- The high-pressure fuel system may be leaking.
- The Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor (FRP) may be damaged.
- The fuel control actuator may be defective.
- Shorted high-pressure fuel supply system wires.
- The fuel pump or relay may not be working properly.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0148
When troubleshooting the P0148 OBDII error code, take into account the following suggestions:
- First, check the TSBs corresponding to your vehicle frequently.
- If you smell a strong diesel fuel odor, it may be due to leaks. Look for such leaks. Make sure fuel supply lines and components are properly tightened.
- Measure the fuel pressure. If the result does not meet the manufacturer's specifications, the fuel pump may be faulty.
- Change the fuel filter.
- Use a DVOM to test the FRP Sensor and the FCA. Compare with the recommendations of the information source. If they do not comply, replace them.