P0135 - P0135 – OXYGEN O2 SENSOR HEATER CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION (BANK 1, SENSOR 1)
Description of DTC code P0135
The Oxygen Sensors (O2) must have a minimum working temperature, which is 750 degrees F, and this is necessary to send an exact voltage signal.
Depending on the speed with which the sensor reaches that temperature, the faster that signal will reach the ECM (Engine Control module). In order for the temperature to be reached, this sensor contains a heating element, which is controlled by the Engine Control Module based on the temperature signals of the refrigerant and the motor load. In addition, the ECM controls the circuit of this heater, allowing the flow of current to ground, likewise verifies the voltage signal that is received by the heater circuit and there determines the state of the circuit, in comparison with the voltage detected by Factory specifications.
Symptoms of fault code P0135
- The Check Engine light is on.
- Fuel consumption may be more than usual.
Causes of OBD2 P0135
A diagnostic code P0135 can have one or more of the following problems:
- The O2 Oxygen Sensor may be defective.
- The O2 Oxygen Sensor Heater Element may be in high resistance or short circuit.
- The Engine Control Module (ECM) could be defective or else the wiring.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0135
To solve the DTC code P0135 you can do the following:
- Repair the resistance, which may be short on the connectors on the sensor wiring harness.
- Replace the O2 Oxygen Sensor.