P0122 - THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR/SWITCH A CIRCUIT LOW INPUT
Description of DTC code P0122
The fault code P0122 OBD2 indicates that in the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) the TPS Sensor (Throttle Position Sensor) has detected that the voltage is below the limit already established. The lower limit varies according to the model since in some this limit goes from 0.17 to 0.20 volts. If the signal value is lower than 0.17 volts, diagnostic code P0122 is set.
Symptoms of fault code P0122
- Check Engine light on the board.
- The acceleration is deficient.
- In idle it is low.
- It can present stagnation.
Causes of OBD2 P0122
The factors that can lead to the establishment of the P0122 OBDII error code can be:
- It is possible that the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) is not located securely.
- Perhaps a cable of the circuit of the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) is defective.
- The TPS sensor may be defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0122
The steps to solve the problems of the DTC code P0122 OBD2 are:
- Check the cables and the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) connector. Verify that they are in good condition. Repair or change as necessary.
- If there are no symptoms at present, the problem is intermittent. Therefore, you must thoroughly check the wiring and that it is not touching any component or ground.
- Using the manufacturer's specifications, check the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) voltage. In case the voltage is too low it indicates that there is a problem. Therefore you can replace the TPS
- Maybe you have changed the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) recently and you have this DTC code, which indicates that it is necessary to adjust the TPS There are vehicles that must be aligned correctly, for this you can consult the repair manual.